If you have been arrested or charged in Cook County, we can help. Cook County is made up of 6 main Municipal districts, each with a courthouse. The agency who arrests you determines which courthouse you will be assigned to.
There are several large specialized court buildings like the Criminal Courts building and the Domestic Violence Courthouse.
In addition, Cook County is home to many smaller, or branch courts which hear misdemeanor and felony cases. Each of these branch courts has one misdemeanor courtroom and one felony courtroom and is connected to a police station. Each felony courtroom in the branch courts hears only preliminary hearings. After the preliminary hearing, if the case continues, it will go to 26th and California room 101 for the Chief Judge assignment call where it will be assigned to it's permanent room and courthouse.
The 6 Municipal District Courthouses in Cook County and Specialized Courts:
- 1st Municipal District: Daley Center, also known as Traffic Court, 50 W. Washington Street, Chicago, IL 60602
- 2nd Municipal District: Skokie Courthouse, 5600 Old Orchard Road, Skokie, IL 60077
- 3rd Municipal District: Rolling Meadows Courthouse, 2121 Euclid, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008
- 4th Municipal District: Maywood Courthouse, 1500 Maybrook Drive, Maywood, IL 60153
- 5th Municipal District: Bridgeview Courthouse, 10220 South 76th Avenue, Bridgeview, IL 60455
- 6th Municipal District Markham Courthouse, 16501 S. Kedzie Parkway, Markham, IL 60428
- Leighton Criminal Courts Building, 2600 S. California Ave, Chicago, IL 60608
- Domestic Violence Courthouse: 555 W. Harrison, Chicago, IL 60607
Note the Bridgeview, Markham and Rolling Meadows courthouses are all the same design and look the same. The only difference is the parking lot.
Misdemeanor Branch Courts:
- Branch 23: 5555 W. Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60639
- Branch 29: 2452 W. Belmont (corner of Belmont and Western), Chicago, IL 60618
- Branch 34: 155 W. 51st (corner of 51st and Wentworth), Chicago, IL 60609
- Branch 35: 727 E. 111th, Chicago, IL 60628
- Branch 43: 3150 W. Flournoy, Chicago, IL 60612
Felony Branch Courts:
- Branch 38: 727 E. 111th, Chicago, IL 60628
- Branch 42: 2452 W. Belmont (corner of Belmont and Western), Chicago, IL 60618
- Branch 44: 3150 W. Flournoy, Chicago, IL 60612
- Branch 48: 155 W. 51st (corner of 51st and Wentworth), Chicago, IL 60609
- Branch 50: 5555 W. Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60639