NATIONAL SOUGHT AFTER SPEAKER
Sarah was a featured expert attorney on CNN Radio's Money for Lunch program, which you can listen to here:http://www.blogtalkradio.com/moneyforlunch/2012/08/30/money-for-lunch
Here is a list of Sarah's most recent speaking engagements:
- Spoke at the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Advanced DUI Seminar, Columbus, Ohio March 10-12, 2016.
- Videotaped an ISBA Quick Takes video, February 4, 2016.
- Spoke and Moderated at the ISBA Basic Skills seminar, on "Your New Legal Career." May 29, 2015.
- Spoke at ISBA Solo and Small Firm Practice Institute on "Using Technology and Social Media for Effective and Ethical Advertising", on October 2, 2015, in Rockford, Illinois.
- Spoke at ISBA Solo and Small Firm Practice Institute "Maintaining an Engaging Firm Website and Online Presence" May 14, 2015.
- Panelists at "Because You're Worth It! Achieving Advancement and Fair Compensation in the Legal Profession." Spoke on creating a brand and marketing. May 7, 2015.
- Spoke at the DUI Defense Lawyers Association Seminar on "Using Social Media To Your Advantage" in Santa Monica, CA, in January 2015.
- Spoke at ISBA Solo and Small Firm Practice Institute "Social Media Savvy: How To Use Linkedin and Avvo as a Lawyer" October 16, 2014.
- Spoke at ISBA Seminar "Nuts and Bolts of Running Your Own Practice: The Golden Rules" February 27, 2014
- Spoke at ISBA Solo and Small Firm Conference "Landmines in Opening Your Own Practice: What Not To Do" October 3, 2013
- Spoke at ISBA Solo and Small Firm Conference "DUI/Traffic Law: Impact of Drugs and Alcohol on Your Client's Record – Arrest to Expungement": October 3, 2013
- ISBA Basic Skills, Moderator for the seminar and also speaker on "Your New Legal Career" September 9, 2013
- ISBA Speaker at "Legal Issues a New Lawyer Should Know: Ethical and Practical Uses of Technology in Your Practice" February 28. 2013
- ISBA speaker at CLE Fest: "Ethical Networking Tactics: Attracting New Clients and Making Professional Contacts", June 1, 2012
- ISBA speaker at Starting Your Own Law Firm, A Nuts and Bolts Primer: "Ethical Networking Tactics: Attracting New Clients and Making Professional Contacts", February 9, 2012
- ISBA Basic Skills moderator and speaker "Your New Legal Career" December 8, 2011
- Spoke at CBA Solo Small Firm Seminar "Criminal and DUI Law: Building Your Practice Through Referrals" May 1, 2014
- Spoke at CBA Statutory Summary Suspension Training on cross examination, demonstrated cross examination then acted as a judge in break outs to critique the volunteers cross examinations. October 3. 2013, October 2012, October 2011
- IACDL Speaker at "Annual DUI Defense Strategies Seminar: Bring Your Own Case: Ask the DUI Experts" September 14, 2012
OTHER SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
Sarah was asked to speak by the Illinois Associating of Criminal Defense Lawyers for their DUI Defense Seminar She served as an expert and fielded participant's questions about their cases for 2 hours on topics like blood and breath testing. She also spoke for the Chicago Bar Association for their Cross Examination Skills seminar where she taught lawyers how to defend DUI suspension hearings. Using real Chicago Police Officers, she demonstrated how to do cross examinations and then served as a Judge for the participants to practice their cross examinations. She is already scheduled to speak for the Illinois State Bar Association in Spring of 2013.
The Illinois State Bar Association asked Sarah to speak at the state-wide Continuing Education Fest in June 2012 because her prior presentation earned the highest marks by the attendees.
SEMINARS & TRAINING EVENTS
In December 2011 Sarah was asked to speak at the Chicago Bar Association's seminar to train attorneys on how to do DUI license suspension hearings. She spoke on the law surrounding when police officers are allowed to stop vehicles and arrest people for DUIs. In addition, she performed a cross examination on a Chicago Police Officer for the attendees to demonstrate how to do a hearing.
Sarah then lead the attendees in performing their own cross examinations on Chicago Police Officers to practice how to do a DUI license suspension hearing. Together with a Judge from Cook County, Sarah critiqued the attendees and provided them with practical tips on how to be better advocates in DUI defense.
Also in December 2011 Sarah was asked by the Illinois State Bar Association to moderate a seminar for new attorneys. All new attorneys in Illinois are required to attend a Basic Skills for new attorneys seminar after they are licensed and Sarah participated in a live seminar which was also videotaped for future new lawyers to watch online. Sarah also spoke on a panel at the Basic Skills seminar giving practical advice for new lawyers on how to be good advocates as well as smart suggestions for getting ahead in the profession.
In February 2012 Sarah spoke at the sold out Illinois State Bar Association seminar on the Nuts and Bolts of Starting Your Own Law Firm.
At the NACDL Spring Conference in 2004, Sarah assisted in presenting "High-Tech Crimes in High-Tech Times: Pornography, Hacking & Fraud" for "In Their Defense: Representing the Client Everyone Loves to Hate." She has also received her Certificate of Training from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the International Association of Chiefs of Police in DUI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing, Los Angeles, CA October 2005
“She was 100% honest with me the whole time” - Former client
“Outstanding job!” - Former client
“Impressive Attorney!” - Former client
“Professional and Compassionate!” - Former client
“A great listener!” - Former client
Not Guilty Battery
Not Guilty Two Counts of Resisting Arrest
Not Guilty Felony DUI
Not Guilty Domestic Battery
Not Guilty Battery
Not Guilty Felony Battery to Police Officer
Results Thrown Out DUI Death Case
Not Guilty Bar Fight
Not Guilty DUI
Not Guilty DUI
Not Guilty Dance Hall Fight