Chicago Criminal Defense and DUI Lawyer
Fighting Misdemeanor, Felony, and Federal Charges
When you or someone you care about is facing a criminal accusation in Chicago, you want to be sure that you have nothing but the best legal defense on your side. We are here to help you at what might be the lowest and scariest point of your life.
Attorney Sarah Toney has practiced in the area of
criminal defense and
DUI defense since 2004. Ms. Toney's skillful legal skills have been acknowledged by associations as noteworthy as the Illinois Associating of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Illinois State Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association, the DUI Defense Lawyers Association and the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
This passion to help drives the Toney Law Firm, LLC every day and has attracted the attention across the State. Because of this passion, Sarah Toney never stops trying to be better. She is asked to speak several times a year by the Illinois State Bar Association, the Illinois Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, the Chicago Bar Association and John Marshall Law School.
Attorney Sarah Toney: Dedicated to Continuing Legal Education
When you hire Sarah Toney, you don't just get a lawyer who graduated from law school and passed the bar. You're getting someone who has done some of the same trainings as the scientists, the lab analysts, the police officers on your very cases. Because we believe being a lawyer goes far beyond simply knowing the law. It' s about all aspects of the case, as well as having the experience.
A snippet of some of the advanced, invite-only seminars and classes she has attended:
- Forensic Driving Under the Influence of Drugs - learning how to analyze bodily fluids for drugs of abuse. Chicago, January 2014.
- Intensive DNA Seminar with international expert Dr. Greg Hampikian at his lab at Boise State - The Dr. testified in the Amanda Knox trial and the course involved hands on work in the lab extracting and analyzing DNA and performing statistical analysis. Idaho, November 2013
- Forensic Drug Chemistry - learning how solid drugs are tested with the man who brought the very first testing machine to the United States, Dr. Harold McNair, and Dr. Lee Polite. The course was sanctioned by the American Chemical Society and involved working in the lab testing suspected drugs, January 2013
- Forensic Gas Chromatography - learning how the gas chromatograph which tests blood works at Axion Labs. Included working in the lab with the machine, taking it apart and running tests with it with Dr. McNair and Dr. Polite, September 2012
- MacCarthy on Cross Examination - intensive seminar with renown cross examination expert Terry MaCarthy. The course involved performing mock cross on witnesses in front of the group while Terry MacCarthy critiqued the cross. May 2011
- Intoximeters EC/IR II Training Course - learning how the breathalyzer machine that Illinois uses works, including hands on work with the machine, taking it apart and using it for testing. Ohio, June 2010
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing Student Course - going through the same training given to police officers on how to administer field sobriety tests and the same tests, which she passed. California 2006
Choose a Award-Winning Defense Attorney in Chicago, IL
Ms. Toney has been named by Chicago Magazine an Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star from 2010 through 2014 and has been selected for the
Illinois Super Lawyers list for 2015 & 2016 for her work in criminal defense and DUI defense. She has received a
"Superb" 10.0 out of 10.0 rating by Avvo.com, and was recognized with the Illinois State Bar Association's Young Lawyer of the Year Award for 2014. In 2016, she was
AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, one of the highest distinctions in the legal industry. She has also been an Adjunct Professor at Loyola University Chicago School of Law since 2006.
Why hire a criminal defense attorney?
When your future is on the line, you need to be sure that you will have a hard-hitting lawyer on your side that you can trust to be extensively thorough in their efforts to defend you. At this firm, we recognize what is on the line and we are firmly devoted to bringing our clients the high-quality and thorough legal assistance that they need. Should you choose to be represented by this firm, you will be able to be confident knowing that your lawyer will be firmly devoted to helping your defend your freedom.
You cannot be satisfied with anything less than an unwavering devotion to your best interests. The Toney Law Firm, LLC thoroughly prepares each and every case, and are always ready to go to trial to help you obtain the just outcome that you deserve.
Have you been arrested for a crime?
The necessity of getting immediate representation cannot be underestimated. In fact, there are actions that could be taken prior to formal charges that can impact the outcome of the case. Some individuals have been arrested and charged with a serious crime, but during the arrest, or in the gathering of evidence, procedural errors or violations of rights took place. Violations of rights should be investigated at once, as there could be opportunities to get the charges dismissed when the criminal defense lawyer from the firm has the opportunity to act quickly. In federal or felony charges this can be a vital action.
The legal team at the firm provides experienced legal counsel to clients facing a variety of criminal charges, including but not limited to DUI, drug crimes,
internet sex crimes,
violent crimes, and all
white collar crimes. The lead attorney from the firm was named a "Super Lawyers Rising Star" for 4 years in a row, and most recently has been selected for the Illinois Super Lawyers list (2015, 2016). This honor is given to attorneys that have proven outstanding abilities in court and for their clients.
The criminal justice system is dangerous and unforgiving for those who are accused of a criminal offense. Whether you are charged with DUI or a serious felony violent crime, it is imperative that you take immediate action and contact a talented lawyer from The Toney Law Firm, LLC!
Areas We Serve: Cook County, DuPage County, Kane County, DeKalb County, Will County and Lake County