The Toney Law Firm, LLC is proud to announce that Attorney Sarah Toney was selected for the 2015 Illinois Super Lawyers® list. This award continues to solidify the quality of legal care embodied by Attorney Toney in her practice and in her service to clients.
What is Super Lawyers®?
Being selected for inclusion on a Super Lawyers® list is a prestigious accomplishment. Less than 5% of attorneys in any state are awarded with this honor, ensuring that only the top achieving lawyers receive the recognition that they deserve. Super Lawyers® recognizes attorneys in over 70 practice areas based on their professional achievements and the reviews of their legal peers.
Super Lawyers® employs a rigorous selection process to determine the top attorneys in each state:
- Attorneys are formally nominated by a legal peer or identified as an outstanding candidate by the Super Lawyers® research department.
- An independent research department evaluates candidates based on their verdicts and settlements, experience, honors and awards, licenses and certifications, professional activity, community service work, and more.
- Candidates with the highest point total from their evaluation are asked to review other attorneys in their area of practice.
- Attorneys are grouped by firm size and the highest ranking attorneys are selected to be included in a Super Lawyers® list.
- Candidates are screened to ensure that they have not received any disciplinary or criminal actions against them.
- The final published list is presented highlighting the top 5% of attorneys in each legal field in each state.
In competition against so many other bright lawyers in Illinois, Attorney Toney's recognition as one of the finest criminal defense attorneys in the state is an exciting honor. Her inclusion on the 2015 Super Lawyers® list is marks the end her consecutive five year run as a Super Lawyers® Rising Star™, an even more exclusive recognition of her service.
What makes Attorney Toney stand out?
When Attorney Sarah Toney became involved in the field of criminal defense, she dove in head-first to saturate herself with knowledge and information. She believes strongly in the idea of continuing education and recognizes that there is always more to know. With such dedication to her craft, it is no wonder that she has been called upon to speak at numerous speaking engagements across Illinois and surrounding states.
In addition to remaining engaged in the legal community, Attorney Toney has received numerous awards and accolades for her work. In 2014, the Illinois State Bar Association named her the Young Lawyer of the Year and she is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
To learn how Attorney Sarah Toney can defend you against criminal charges in Chicago, schedule a free case evaluation with our team.